Thursday 3 May 2007

Assessment#1 Blog Post

In this post it will list the the fifty items, with note to points I wish to discuss.

☑ is present at assessment (hope so)
☑ has emailed katrina.flaskas@gmail.com/ with their blogger delicious and flickr account details
☑ has emailed me a working link to the assessment#1 blog post (will do)

Flicker:
☑ has uploaded pictures
☑ has progressively uploaded more pictures
I have uploaded many pictures of my friends from home, and some from Uni and by using Sets I'm able to group them simply, however more than three sets being available would help.
☑ pictures have titles
☑ pictures have descriptions
☑ pictures have MPI104-2007 tag

☑ pictures have tags other than MPI104-2007
My picture tags include: pirates, friends, puppy, cat, dog, sister, bmw and car
☑ user has joined MPI104-2007 group
☑ user has pushed picture/s to MPI104-2007 group
I pushed some of my favourite pictures like my sisters puppy and my car in an attempt to “raise the quality” as I believe that most people in the MPI104-2007 group are merely adding pictures for the sake of it, and not showcasing their best work or their favourites.
My sister's dog My BMW
☑ user has contacts
☑ user has joined other groups

I joined the Cars Cars Cars group and the BMW Enthusiasts group, as I (obviously) have a interest in cars. An amusing picture I found in the BMW Enthusiasts group was of a BMW Isetta, honestly the strangest car out.
☑ user has nominated favorites
I have a few favourites, three being pictures of an Isetta and some of friends, one being Meg’s very animated face!
☑ user has commented on other user’s pictures
☑ user has profile
☑ user has flickr post on their blog
☑ user has posted working link to this post (or flickr account) on metablog


Summary:
I found Flickr to be a useful tool to add and share photos on the internet and I know I have not used it to its full potential.
I will continue to use Flickr long after I finish the MPI104 subject.
The option of adding Groups is a great idea, as this makes it easier to view similar images, and also get your picture noticed by the desired target market. i.e. pushing images of a hotted up BMW M3 in a BMW related group.
Obviously Contacts help to keep in touch with our friends and their new images.
The disappointing about the Sets option is that on a free account, you are only able to add three, which I personally found annoying.


del.icio.us
☑ has saved bookmarks
☑ has progressively saved more bookmarks

Unfortunately I lost all my old bookmarks when I reformatted my computer, so I am slow adding more sites as I come across them. So obviously this site will prevent a similar incident.
☑ user has integrated delicious into their workflow as a tool

I am beginning to use delicious more and more. I have stopped adding favourites to Internet Explorer and Firefox and now only add them delicious. I also have delicious as my homepage so I can easily navigate to wherever I want. I can also use delicious to search for whatever I want using the tags that people have used.
☑ bookmarks have descriptions
☑ bookmarks have tags
☑ user has bundled tags
☑ user has subscribed to tags
☑ appropriate bookmarks have MPI104-2007 tag
❑ user has joined a network

I don’t completely understand this point. Have I join a network by adding contacts? (If so then yes) or is there a specific option to join a network.
☑ user has saved links for others
☑ user has bookmarked their flickr home page
☑ user has bookmarked their blog home page
☑ user has delicious post in their blog
☑ user has posted working link to this post (or delicious account) on metablog
☑ user has included link roll (or rss feed) on their blog

Summary:
Delicious has a great potential to help me a lot when browsing the web, as I can easily save internet addresses or use it to search for whatever I want. The searching could prove to be better than Google (if used correctly) as I will find website that people often use and trust.

Blogger
☑ user has links in sidebar
I added links for my accounts (del.icio.us, Flickr and MySpace) I also added links to some people from the MPI104 class.
☑ user has more than the minimum posts
As you can tell from my BlogSpot I'm not much of a writer and not very used to writing blogs. In the future I will attempt to write lengthier blogs with more interesting subject choices. I was think of posting reviews about movies, games, TV shows and the like, as well as updates on my life in general.
☑ user has links in posts
☑ user has commented on other people’s posts
☑ user has updated profile
☑ user has uploaded picture for profile
☑ user has experimented with templates

I have switched between a few templates until I found a favourite. I have tweaked it slightly to my taste as I prefer it to be clean, clear and simple. I didn’t want to make my blog too “busy”.
☑ user has experimented with fonts
☑ user has experimented with colours
☑ user has picture/s in post/s
☑ posts have titles
☑ blog has description
☑ has added a list or other page element to their blog

I added a “Slide” to my blog to add bit of life to it, and also added pictures down the side of blog page.
☑ has listed on technorati or similar service
I'm not sure about the necessity of this, but I have done as requested and am sure you will explain :)
☑ has counter

Unfortunately I've only recently added my counter and wanting to be true to you I started the counter at zero, meaning that it appears (and is probably true) that very few people have visited my blog.

Summary:
Although I have nothing to compare it to; Blogger seems to be a powerful enough tool for blogging and has been simple enough to learn. I am unsure if I will continue to use Blogger after I complete MPI104, but I would be a good outlet for unspoken opions and possible something to use when avoiding assignments.





fin.

2 comments: